Ways to Keep Your Gums Healthy
It is important to take good care of your teeth, but do you know the real care of the teeth begins with the care of your gums?
Yes, gums are the base or foundation of the teeth. Brushing or flossing the teeth correctly is essential but not sufficient. You need some extra care to safeguard the gums. Believe it, by keeping the gums healthy, you can keep the natural teeth healthy for a long time and save on dental implants cost in Mumbai.
What should be done to keep the gums healthy? The blog explains some easy methods.
Cause of the gum disease
Gum disease is caused by bacteria present in tartar or plaque. What is it? It is a sticky film that forms on the teeth. The plaque has to be removed regularly before it gets hardened. It gives home to bacteria and causes inflammation of the gums, which is called gingivitis. To remove hardened tartar, you have to meet the Best dental clinic in Mumbai.
Follow these habits to help a person care for teeth and gums:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste to keep the gums healthy. Replace your toothbrush every four months. Your dentist will tell the right way of brushing the teeth. Ask him if you do not know that.
- It is important to choose the right toothpaste. Choose a paste that contains fluoride. Toothpaste that contains baking soda whitens your teeth. To remove harder stains, you should visit a clinic that offers teeth whitening in Mumbai.
- Flossing is neglected by many people, but it is as important as brushing the teeth. Flossing removes plaque and food between the teeth and gums. Thus, it prevents the hard buildup of bacteria.
- Using a good-quality mouthwash is also recommended by the dentists. It remains effective for more time. Hence, it is useful if you rinse the mouth at night using a mouthwash. Doctors prescribe therapeutic mouthwash if there are specific gum problems.
- Last, and the most important is to get a dental checkup every six months. Early detection of the problem results in early resolution.
These tips will keep the gums healthy and teeth strong forever!